Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Turkey Ladies

I don't think that we have a different flock suddenly visiting the feeder.  I think that one of my Turkey Ladies is a Mom, and that the kids have joined the flock.  They were all up at the feeder this morning, and I got a chance to observe them for a while.  It's kind of hard to tell from these pictures, but, three of them are just slightly smaller than the others.  And, the flock behavior is the same, with Mr. Tom still "trying," the old fool.  And, you can see from the pictures that his tail isn't straight.  Hmmm, I think I'm going to have to start putting out more corn.  These pictures aren't up to par.  The window was open on the bottom  and the cat was watching intently from the chair in front of it,  so I couldn't get as close as I normally do, and the camera caught some glare from the glass.  Heaven forbid I chase the cat, though.



9 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Louise, what great pictures this morning--I see one turkey and I feel lucky! :-)

Samantha said...

I'm usually trying to get shots through a film of dog nose prints, so I feel your pain!

Great shots anyway...I can't believe the Tom is still at it. Ours gave up a long while ago. ;)

TexWisGirl said...

oh, hurray for babies (well, they're not exactly babies anymore). :)

betty said...

I think you did good with the pictures you took!! I'm amazed to see so many together! All I can thing of if it happened here, the dog would be going crazy trying to get out to chase them away :)

have a good day!

betty

My Mind's Eye said...

Louise I think the pictures are excellent. I see a few tail feathers on the ground. Wonder if they belong to Mr. Tom.

We got a chuckle out of visual of you efforts to rid your yard of chicory.

Mom will post her first vacation pics tomorrow.
Hugs Madi

Sharon said...

That old Tom does look a bit tilted. Maybe too much hubba hubba? You are fortunate to have your own.... flock ..... gaggle.... whatever, of turkeys!

Leontien said...

hmmm, we never see any of those in our garden. Must be because were in a different state...?

Thanks for sharing and keep the cat away, yes... ;-)

Leontien

Terry said...

Yay! That's what I was hoping for - babies!

KB said...

Woo hoo, turkey babies!!!!

I keep thinking about how crazy my Labs would go if that flock set up house outside our window :)