Sunday, July 31, 2011

Out of My Rear Window 7-31-11

I don't know what kind of day it's going to be.  When I first got up, it was sunny, but, now, clouds seem to be taking over the sky.  I do know it's as humid as all get out.  The temperature is only 74, but, I was soaked within a few minutes of going outside.
Remember all that work I did, knocking down the Chicory?  Stubborn flower insisted on blooming close to the ground.
But, at that, I guess it's better than my neighbor's place.  They didn't do a thing.
It's a nuisance, but, I have to admit it's a pretty flower.
The Black-eyed Susans are at the peak of their bloom
And, one of my new daylilies, Alexia Kathrine, bloomed today.  Weird flower, but, it tickles my fancy,
A couple of the Turkey Ladies came to visit.
And the early diners were out in force.  English Sparrow, House Finch and the posterior view of an unidentifiable guest.
This little character cracked me up.  Not only is she having a bad hair day, but, she looks like she's getting more than her fair share at the feeders.
And, last but not least, the requisite, they're too cute to leave out, squirrel picture.
I hope that your Sunday is peaceful and happy.

16 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Nice pictures, have a good week!

TexWisGirl said...

be still my squirrel and chippy butt loving heart! :)

love the chicory too. SO pretty!

Sharon said...

Good Morning! That chicory is quite persistent, isn't it? Your Susans are really gorgeous, nice peak! That IS one chubby little bird!

Have a great day!

Upupaepops said...

I believe the bad hair visitor is this years hatchling house fince

the spikey front freathers is characteristic of a young bird

Sally said...

Nice beginning of a day! Need to fill my bird feeders!

Christmas-etc... said...

I think you have got one of the prettiest views out your rear window around! The world seems to come to you!
Blessings, dear!
Ann

Reena said...

Flowers are gorgeous ... and always enjoying seeing the finches and squirrels and chippys of course! Little rascals!

My Mind's Eye said...

We had about 1.5" of rain last night another nearly 1/2" at Noon and it is H U M I D and overcast now...more precip to come.

The hickory is a beautiful color but oh my gosh the Black-eyes Susans are stunning.

You got Chip backed into a corner yesterday.
Hugs M&M

Genny said...

Louise, I'm afraid I'd be like your neighbors and let the chicory have its way with me. I think it's beautiful. My sister keeps insisting it's a weed, but I think they're free flowers from mother nature. LOL! Love the rest of your photos too. It's been hot as heck here too but at least less humid today.

Terry said...

The black-eyed Susans are stunning!

Janet said...

Must admit that chicory flower is very pretty- lovely to see your plants flourishing ,have a great week.x

Liesl said...

I like the black eyed susans! My Sunday was nice and quit thank you!

Unknown said...

You have more chicory than we do. How about cajun coffee? Boom & Gary of the Vermilon, Canada.

KB said...

Great photos! Your birds are beautiful, and I love your squirrels too! It's amazing how much your chipmunks (in the background of the last photo) look like our golden mantled ground squirrels... but thanks for setting me straight on that!

I agree that the chicory is pretty!

Anonymous said...

Great before and after photos of the chickory! If you can't beat 'em, dig up the roots for a coffee substitute, roasted chickory.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Lovely and very unique daylily. Reminds me of frilly bloomers. lol!

~Lisa