Sunday, May 23, 2010

Out of My Rear Window 5/23/10



It's a cloudy day, with the feel of rain in the air. The lilac is done, but, there in the back, you can see that the weigela is in full bloom. Other than a couple loads of wash, I'm not going to do much of anything today. I'll water later, if we don't get any rain.

edited to add that, I was thinking this morning about what I had written. And, I realized that, for me, now, weekends are generally like that, slow and easy. Since I retired, I find I do most of my running on the weekdays. Most weekends, the car doesn't even get started. I putter around the house, and take the time to enjoy what I have around me. No more having to rush around like crazy on Saturday and Sunday, trying to get all of the "business" done that I used to have to do. It's a lovely change.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

We have a hazy day here, with a promise (or threat) from the weatherman for some high temps and more humidity. YUK. Louise, I wish I had your nice shaded lot, looks like a great place for a hammock, all cool and inviting.

Neville Henry Fotheringham said...

What a lovely lush green yard you have! Everything looks so nibble-able. It's lovely and warm and sunny here today - but I do wish we had some rain. It's been a very dry spring and we need more rain to make more hay... FOR ME!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Lots of rain here in Virginia the last 2 days--The clouds and dreary weather kind of match my mood...But I loved the pics of your turkeys! I saw my fist ones the other day!!
I was in Pennsylvania a couple of months ago and enjoyed my visits to a Mennonite nursery. The plants there were also healthy and beautiful, and cheap--My favorite things! :-)

Terry said...

Very pretty. We are on Day 2 of high winds, with another windy day tomorrow.

Tina said...

Love the pic of your birdfeeder...looks like ours lol we have hardly any birds, but we always have lots of squirrels. I love squirrels. :)

IsobelleGoLightly said...

My lady says that there is JUST the right spot for a hammock behind that piney tree back by the garage. Auntie Louise said she doesn't like spiders and bugses falling down from the tree onto her. hee hee