Thursday, May 20, 2010

An Award!



Thanks very much to AJ Oaks of A Little Farm With A Big Heart http://wwwaj-oaks.blogspot.com/ , Tina st My World according to ME http://borderlineexpress.blogspot.com/ and a belated thanks, and humble apology for being so late, to Isobelle Golightly of Isobelle Golightly the Beautiful Goat http://isobellegolightlythebeautifulgoat.blogspot.com/ for the same award. I'll do my best to answer the questions.

1. What would your prefect day consist of?

I live quite a few of them, now that I'm retired. I would sleep late, get up and play on the computer for a while, go out and putter in the garden. Then, in the afternoon, it's off to find a nature trail to hike. Theoretically, that would be followed by coming home and fixing a great dinner, but, since I'm a lousy cook, that isn't likely to happen.

2. How would you describe yourself if you were an item of clothing?

A bra. Always there to give support.

3. What hobbies are you currently working on?

I seem to be obsessed with identifying wild flora. Just because I like to know the names of things.

4. Walking in the woods in wellies or bare foot on the beach?

Given my current obsession, definitely walking in the woods in wellies. It's amazing how things change so quickly.

5. Have you ever hugged or sang to a tree?

I might hug a tree, after checking very closely to make sure there was no poison ivy, but I'd be afraid I'd kill the thing if I tried to sing to it.

6. Growing your own veggies or nipping to the supermarket?

I'm not fond of veggies. If I were going to eat any, they would definitely be the supermarket, or better yet, the farm stand, variety.

7. Have you found anyone exciting in your family tree?

Not exactly exciting, but, because my family tends to marry and procreate late, my Grandfather's brother died at Gettysburg. That's not many generations removed for 150 years ago.

8. Slap up meal in a posh restaurant or fish ‘n’ chips from the wrapper?

Definitely fish 'n' chips from the wrapper.

9. Which element do you most resonate with, Earth, Air, Fire or water?

I am drawn to water, so I would say that.

10. Do you believe in fairy’s?

Yup, and also "ghosties and ghoulies and long legged beasties, and things that go bump in the night."

Thank you all, most sincerely, for this award. Since I'm late to the party, most of the folks I would pass it on to have already received it. So, I guess I'll let it stop here.

4 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

Those are pretty good questions:) Makes readers feel they know someone just a little better.

Had to smile at your last answer. I find myself thinking of a couple of those old poems about faeries when I'm gardening. Shhhh, don't tell anyone but all too often at night I find myself thinking about the things that go bump in the night.
Marnie

Sharon said...

Good Morning Louise! Those little questionnaires are fun, not REAL telling about a person, just a tad. Have a good day!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Congrats on the award, and I really enjoyed reading your answers--I do feel like I know a little more about you, and see that we have a couple of more things in common!

Inger said...

you so deserve this award -- your blog is so much fun to read and i am so glad to have met you.-- inger