Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Give Up!

I have been trying all day to post a video of Leon and Rachael, with absolutely no luck. Google is just not cooperating. So here, in consolation are some pictures I took today.

The crabapple tree is in full bloom. I'm fond of this tree in the Spring, when it flowers, and in the fall when the deer come for the crabapples that fall to the ground. Any other time of the year, it's kind of a miserable looking thing, that starts to lose it's leaves as early as late August.



I received the first batch of the too many flowers that I ordered this year. This is the new garden, with some plantings done. This garden will also hold the six new Day Lilies that I ordered, and that were supposed to deliver today, but haven't yet. The garden won't look like much for a couple of years, though I do intend to fill in with some annuals temporarily.



Closeup of part of it. This iris was there. It was so healthy looking there at the end of the downspout that I just left it. Depending on whether or not it flowers this year, I may move it in the fall. There's also some mums that I moved from another garden where they were being overwhelmed. The tiny plant in front is a butterfly blue Scabiosa and the taller plant in back is a winterglory bergenia. I have no experience at all with either of these flowers, so we'll see how they grow.



It's so easy to download and post videos from my digital camera. Seems to be a lot harder to do it from my little Flip video camera that I bought a bit ago. That's kind of backwards, if you ask me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks magnificent. I so love the spring. I planted a buddleia in my garden today along with purple sage and mint.

It will be lovely to see your flowers in bloom, I'll look forward to that ... :0)

Shirl x

IsobelleGoLightly said...

I'm going to come visit and poop on your garden to make it grow faster! Then I can eat the plants! Isn't that the grandest goatie idea ever? hee hee

Tina said...

Love the crabapple tree....how beautiful. Uploading videos.....I don't do it very often because it frustrates the **** out of me.

Sharon said...

My Grandmother used to make pickled crab apples - they were SO good! Your tree is so pretty! Put it on your desktop and enjoy it year round!

I'm not planting another thing until I get my current problem solved with Jill.

Downloading a video - I am totally clueless!

John Going Gently said...

that tree is absolutely lovely!
xxx

Inger said...

Yes, that tree is so beautiful, what a treat every spring for you. It's sooo cold and windy here, I can't go outside and work. Very frustrating. Then in no time, it will be too hot. Not much of a spring on this mountain this year.