Friday, July 2, 2010

The Lake on a Windy Day

There was a strong wind blowing at the Lake yesterday. I knew it would be cold, but went anyways. The waves were crashing against the retaining wall walk, and the pier, and, no one was walking there. The Lake in this mood is far different from it is on a calm, warm day.




But, the ducks were there. They found a sheltered spot on the side of the pier away from the wind, and were enjoying the abundant lunch that the waves were kicking up. I saw that the dark one was still there.



This old log was about the only thing not affected by the waves.



Brrrr, makes me cold just to look at those pictures. Oh, wait, I guess I feel cold because I'm sitting here in my jammies, with an open window behind me, and an outside temperature of 55 degrees.

8 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

That cool weather sounds wonderful to me. I always feel full of energy on cold days.

I was just thinking how I would love to walk along the shore and pick up driftwood.
Marnie

Tina said...

There is just something about watching waves crashing against the walls, or running into the shore.....I just love watching water.

Sharon said...

The water does look cold and uninviting. Cool weather, must be nice. The ducks don't seem to be bothered at all.

fromsophiesview said...

Yes, your temps are comparable to Nova Scotia...today turned into a windy, sunny and blue, blue sky with puffy clouds day...love it and I love Clancey my friend!!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Cooler here in Virginia too and too cold to be doing anything near the water. But alas, the heat is coming back for the weekend, so maybe walking in it would be a bit more tempting! I hope you have an enjoyable 4th!!

Terry said...

That looks invigorating!

AJ-OAKS said...

Oh to have your cooler temps. Hasn't been too bad here the last few days, but next week triple digits are expected. Noooooo!!!! Want to trade weather? :)
Great pics of the waves.

Anonymous said...

Nice shots! I love all the shades of blue and green around sky and water.