Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The View from on High

Last Saturday, Isobelle GoLightly's Lady (http://isobellegolightlythebeautifulgoat.blogspot.com/) and I went for a hike. We went to Gannet Hill Park, down in the Finger Lakes. It's a beautiful park, with lots of trails and open spaces.

Isobelle's nemisis, Thistle went with us. He was a very good boy, and enjoyed his walk with us. He was good in the car, and didn't fuss when I, not being used to having dogs ride in the back seat, braked too hard, and he went flying. He sure is a handsome fellow and, he was sufficiently tired when we got home to actually have a civil conversation with Isobelle.




We wanted to see the view from the top, so we walked an easy trail up. It was clear and well taken care of. On the way to the top we passed lots of temporary run off pools. When Spring is a little farther along, they will be full of peeper frogs. Right now, there is still a lot of snow left.



The view from the top is striking now, and I can't wait to see it in the various seasons. This is looking to the West.





We walked over the top of the hill, to see the view to the East. It's entirely different that that to the West, but, just as beautiful.




We (I) were too pooped to walk any more, so we went to a look out spot where we could see the South end of Canandaigua Lake. In the first picture, you can very faintly see some fisherman's boats on the lake.




It was a beautiful day, and I'm anxious to see all of these sights again. Oh, and I found a lovely moss and lichen covered rock for my Washington State friend.

3 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I didn't know you and Isobelle were neighbors, lucky you. And I love Thistle, because I love terriers, I have 3, but they don't mix well with smaller farm animals.

Upupaepops said...

So open and expansive

You are going to have to sluth out the wildflowers in the next month or so

IsobelleGoLightly said...

I think I need to complain as to why Thistle got to go for a ride in the car and I didn't!? Hmmm? I could even help drive!