Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm Back from Virginia

I went to Virginia for a few days, to see my Aunt.  That's why there have been not new entries from me, and why I have not been visiting your blogs.  It was a good, and productive visit, but, painful at the same time.  My brilliant Aunt now cannot speak in coherent sentences, using words that are obviously not in context to what she is trying to say.  But, she still knew me, and broke into a beautiful smile each time I entered the Nursing Center to visit her.

It's an eight and a half hour drive, straight through, only stopping for gas and nature.  I'm getting too old for this, and feel, today, very much like Becky looks in this picture.  Just let me at the couch.  But, no, it's volunteer day and I will spend the afternoon cleaning out the goat shed, and doing whatever else needs to be done around the place.

I have a feeling that, by tonight, I'll really, really feel like Becky looks.

I'll try very hard to catch up on all of your blogs over the next couple of days.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh sweetie. i'm sure you are drained physically and mentally. i do hope you get some rest tonight after giving more of your time today!

Sharon said...

Bless your heart! That's a long way to go, so glad she knew who you were.
Rest as soon as you can!

XXX

Anonymous said...

Louise, glad you got there and back safely, such a long drive. Hope you get a good night's sleep and wake up feeling renewed.

Folkways Note Book said...

Louise - Becky has the right idea. As I age I still think I can do what I used to do but it "jus ain't" so. I might be taking a 1500 trip in the future -- driving. Thinking that maybe a good exercise regime might prepare me for the trip. Nice that you made the trip to see your aunt -- her smile showed you she surely appreciated it. -- barbara

WiseAcre said...

Get some rest and we'll look out your window later :)

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhh we did miss you but I do remember that you had talked about needing to visit your Aunt. I'm glad you had a safe trip. As my mom says..."old age is not for sissies"! I'm glad you aunt has you but the distance is rough.
Tonight you be sure to take a lesson from Becky and RELAX.
Hugs Madi and Mom

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

Always sad when our loved ones age into someone we don't really know.
nellie

Terry said...

Oh Louise, hugs to you, dear. Take care of yourself and get some rest.

KB said...

We missed you, that's for sure. But, I'm glad that you brought a smile to the face and heart of your aunt. That was worth every minute of the drive, I'd bet. You're a good person.

Samantha said...

I'm sure you're emotionally and physically beat...rest up, we'll be here!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Louise!! Thank-you for taking the time to leave such kind words on the loss of our girl Reggie, your friendship has made a difference...I'm glad you were able to visit your Aunt and I hope you're able to get some rest this weekend! Crummy weather here in Virginia so it's perfect for a nap!