Friday, September 2, 2011

Another Visit from the Turkey Ladies


Looks like blogger has its mojo back, so here is my Turkey Lady post, just a couple of days late.  The Ladies, and the new chicks are still together.  There are only a couple that I can tell apart these days, because the chicks have gotten just as big as the order birds.  One is, of course, the Bearded Lady.  She has the same kind of beard that Mr. Tom has.  It's not that unusual for some hens to have one.  The other is the Bedraggled One.  You can see her in this picture, on the left, at the bottom, near the squirrel.  I call her that because it looks like her tail is having a bad hair day.  It's all messed up and pulled.  It looks like, maybe, some critter was trying to get her, got just her tail and left it in this sad state.  I'll only be able to tell her until new tail feathers come in.

It didn't take long for Mr. Tom to make the scene, after the girls showed up.  He just struts up to them like he is King of the World, Master of the Universe.  Who knows, maybe he is.  There he is, way off behind the lilacs.
"Well, hellooooo Ladies"

Looks like the Ladies are paying their usual amount of attention to him.  Master of the Universe -- indeed!

13 comments:

Jim said...

What an ego,eh?! It's all in his head, girls! Oh the animal kingdom, so much in common with one another! lol

Upupaepops said...

yes that is the Game Bird Style

pretend you are strolling at Nordstroms,

"Dont look at him."

"I'm not looking at him. Did you see the shoes on that chick?"

"YES where did she get them? Lets go look at shoes!"

TexWisGirl said...

LOL! keep him humble, girls! :)

Unknown said...

Great post!1 Are you running a farm now? Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

WiseAcre said...

I get the same reaction.

The ladies only want my attention when they want some work done in their gardens.

Folkways Note Book said...

Louise -- Fun story about the Master of the Universe. I'm wondering why there are so many ladies and only one male? Does he bully off the males so he can have the clan all to himself? -- barbara

Sharon said...

I do wonder where the other males go.

Next year... you are going to have so many turkeys! Master Tom really does strut his stuff, doesn't he?


PS: I really couldn't write about the log cabin, I had a hard enough time posting about it.

Terry said...

Those chicks are so big, I was thinking you had a lot more Turkey Ladies!

My Mind's Eye said...

We're finally here after a morning of no internets....
MOL The ladies say good foodables trump strutting Tom Turkey anyday!!

I'm glad your blogger issues are over I always enjoy your pics.
Hug and Happy Labor Day,
Madi and Mom

Vicki Lane said...

They're just not that into him...

Samantha said...

I love watching our turkey girls ignore the tom..his ego must be cast iron!!!
LOVE the shots. Our squirrels don't get anywhere near the turkeys..that amazes me.

Anonymous said...

Glad your bloggers back in order. Love seeing the girls..and their overlord!

Dreaming said...

Ah, poor Tom, another male shunned by a flock of girls. You know how it is when the girls get together and start talking about a guy - they can be merciless!
Do the turkeys roost in trees around your home? We used to have some that did that - it seemed so strange to see them in the trees in the evening!