Sunday, February 6, 2011

Out of My Rear Window 2/6/11

Another snowfall last night left everything covered with a white icing.  It's heavy, wet stuff, and I'm procrastinating as I find other things to do than go out and shovel.  But, I'll have to go out after I finish posting this.

You can't see it very well, but the area under the feeders is all torn up.  I got up around 2 AM last night, and, when I looked out of the window, there were four deer there, digging for food.  I think that they got quite a bit because, for the first time in a long time, the Mallards didn't come.  I don't know if the snow was just too bad last night, or if they have finally given up and moved someplace where there is more food.  Anyway, it was beautiful to watch those four lovely silhouettes move around in my yard.

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Poor hungry babies. I'd come shovel for you if you were closer. Our snow finally melted (mostly) away yesterday, thankfully. But they're saying more on tap for mid-week next week. Eeek!!! Thank goodness I stocked up on 250 lbs. of birdseed before all this weather came in. I've been running thru it like water. Yesterday after the melting, I looked out and saw NO birds at the feeder! I wanted to take a picture because it had been DAYS since I had seen open space there. :)

AJ-OAKS said...

How exciting to see the deer! I am sure it put a smile on your face.
And all that snow you have! Beautiful. Wish we would get some snow, but for some reason this winter has been very mild. Which in turn is bad for the summer months with no snow pack.
Hugs.

Unknown said...

Hi Louise. I just posted a story on my blog about the senseless killing of 100 sled dogs in Whistler BC. Since you're an old hippie take a look and let me know what you think? Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Inger said...

It must be so much fun to have all that wildlife coming by to visit. And deer in the middle of the night, what a wonderful sight that must have been. Have a great day.--Inger

Sharon said...

Good Sunday, Louise! Isn't it nice to know you are so needed? I can imagine that was a beautiful sight - to see the deer in the safety of night, to get some food! I wonder if they are the same four?
Have a great day! (after shoveling, I mean)

fromsophiesview said...

Deer are in our neck of the woods...but never come on our property...maybe Sophie is a deterrent or even the fact that the vet is next door....We expect another dumpload of snow on Tues coming from your neck of the woods!